Consulting Analyst Intern with an Exciting Social Enterprise Startup
Duration: 6 Months (July 2016 – December 2016)
Location: Hong Kong
Work Mode: Part-time (July – Aug: commit at least 3 days a week; Sept – Dec: commit at least 2 days per week)
Application Deadline: 30th June 2016
Preference: Previous consulting firm internship experience preferred
Friends of the Family (Hong Kong) Social Enterprise (http://fofhk.org/) is a social enterprise startup which aims to resolve family needs by innovative O2O (online to offline) solutions. We rely almost on the dedication and business talents of our employees. If you’re hard-working and adventurous then we have a position for you with a startup in Hong Kong.
This phase of internship program will be focusing on the strategic transformation of the business. The company have newly enganged a bouqiue strategy house which was founded by strategy consultants with corpoate, business and growth straegy development capablities and expereince gained from both top-tier consulting firms and within Global 500 corporations. Interns will split their time between working with the FOFHK core mangement team and working directly with the strategy consultants on coporate strategy development projects.
Friends of the Family (Hong Kong) Social Enterprise is a social venture which aims to resolve family needs by innovative O2O (online to offline) solutions. Founders of the company are young professionals who aspire to discover thoughtful and unique market position for its products to create impact to families. The Company was started in Hong Kong in February 2014 by 3 alumni from the University of Hong Kong, the Chinese University of Hong Kong and Peking University.
Friends of the Family (Hong Kong) Social Enterprise has been gaining traction and is looking for 2 motivated interns to work with the Company’s founders on an exciting opportunity. We have been able to generate interest in our business organically through news and media outlets with articles written about us in TVB News, the Sun, Hong Kong Economic Journal and On.cc Media.
This internship provides hands-on experience working at a social enterprise startup and the interns will be working on functional and strategic areas to identify operation efficiency optimization opportunities. We guarantee intern with significant responsibility and substantial opportunities to utilize their talent and imaginations.
- Functional Area
- Event planning and execution including logistics, registrations, and coordination
- Work directly with co-founders on planning and executing marketing and business development plan
- Investigate means to cultivate operation efficiency optimization
- Strategic Area
- Work with the strategy consultants (former McKinsey and Accenture Strategy & Management consultants) in corporate & business strategy development projects on topics ranging from corporate development, business growth, market-entry, go-to-market and operational performance improvement, which require the intern to work under the engagement manger and work independently on tasks such as business analysis, market sizing, competitive analysis, consumer behavior research etc.)
- Engage in a full strategy project life cycle to deliver strategy engagement deliverables matching the standard of top-tier strategy consulting firms
- Help develop and outline the FOFHK’s long term corporate and business development vision, strategies and strategy realization roadmap
What’s in it for you?
Working on a real, live startup in a great entrepreneurial environment. Firsthand experience implementing your own ideas and strategies. Exposure to the vibrant O2O (online to offline) industry with the potential to return as a fulltime employees upon graduation.
Our business model allows us multiple avenues for expansion and growth.
We want to test our idea in Hong Kong and then bring it to larger markets in the Greater China region (Taiwan, Macau and Mainland China). You will be working closely with the co-founders in getting the brand name out there.
We are looking for at least a 6-months commitment from an intern to participate in our daily operation, and to work with our external consulting team to help us complete the strategy development project.
- A major boost to your resume – intern with a social enterprise recognized by main stream media in Hong Kong
- A solid learning experience on functional areas – learning from having substantial responsibilities in different functional areas
- An true startup experience – working side-by-side with the co-founders and tackle real business problems of startup
- An opportunity to work with tier-1 strategic consultants – you will have the chance to work directly under the engagement mangers of the bouqiue straegy house (Former McKinsey and Accenture Strategy & Management consultants) and have a real taste on strategy consulting project
You can expect to learn:
- How business is conducted in Hong Kong
- The workings of a social enterprise startup company
- How to conduct oneself in a working environment, become self-motivated and driving in work task execution
- A thorough understanding of the strategic roadmap formulation by working directly with the engagrement managers of the bouqiue stategy house (Former McKinsey and Accenture Strategy & Management consultants)
Who is it for?
University students/graduates/postgraduates with a keen interest in being involved in a startup or entrepreneurial firm in any sector.
- A positive minded person who wants to work at a startup on tangible and impactful tasks
- Ability to learn extremely quickly (new markets, technologies, tactical skills, etc.)
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, non-bureaucratic environment
- Superb logical thinking and problem solving skills
- A natural problem solver who doesn’t give up
- Committed to high-quality work and attention to detail
- Previous intern experience with consulting firm preferred
- Proficient in Cantonese, English and Mandarin
There is no salary for Interns. FOFHK will cover all direct expenses incurred in the programme. For consideration, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th June 2016.